New Faces & Old Ones
So the hip-hop game is going through a lot of changes nowadays....
- G-Unit is gettin whack....Lloyd Banks' album "Rotten Apple" is pretty weak (except for "Hands Up") ....50 is "freestlye battlin" over beats like Fergie's "London Bridge" and disrespecting Dead Prez's classic "Hip Hop" and pickin on a lyrically weak opponent
- Diddy & HOV both are amazing businessmen, but have lost tons and tons of street cred as far as rhyming is concerned. Both, coincidentally are coming out with new albums and are probably going to sell tons of albums, despite haters. Remember, a lot of buyers are suburban white kids who don't care about their street cred in da hood........"Press Play" album by Diddy has a few club bangers, and I kinda like it. "Kingdom Come"'s first singles are decent, but nothing great
- Lil Wayne is runnin the game right now.....if The Carter III came out this month, Jay-Z and Diddy would be in trouble
- The teeny-boppers have officially invaded pop-hip-hop.......Fergie, Pussycat Dolls, Amerie, Cassie, Rihanna, Ciara, Ashanti....sex symbols who have decent voices
- Besides j.z and puffy, some more old-timers are makin comebacks....Hi-Tek and CL Smooth are both independently coming back and taking a shot at these whack ass MCs who are a dime a dozen
- Justin Timberlake, teeny-bopper turned hip-hop/r&b singer is definitely back. He has accomplished the rare feat of having two songs ("My Love" and "Sexyback") both in the Billboard Top 10! He even has Three 6 Mafia on one of the tracks from his new CD set.
That being said, here are a few of my favorite tracks as of right now:
Diddy feat. Nicole - Come To Me (love the beat)
Diddy feat. Timbaland, Twista & Shawnna - Diddy Rock (will be hot in the clubs this winter)
Lupe Fiasco - Kick Push (that shit is mad old, but has a lasting power...amazing song)
Akon feat. Snoop Dogg - I Wanna Fuck You (best party song, everyone knows it by now)
Papoose feat. Akon - Ghetto Soldier (i'm skeptical of Pap, but this is hot)
Jim Jones - We Fly High (BALLLLLLIN!)
i'm a very late bloomer to youtube, but you can find some sick stuff on there:
check out this canadian bastard
on a side note: now that google bought youtube, now companies can just sue big-bad google for all the copyright infringement the site does....is that a good buy for google?
one final note (oh man it's late).......christina milian is so friggin hot...